Sunday, February 8, 2009

Glory be to God!!

"But you, O Lord, are a shield around me; you are my glory, the one who holds my head high. I cried out to the Lord, and he answered me from his holy mountain. I lay down and slept, yet I woke up in safety, for the Lord was watching over me." Psalm 3:3-5

Noe is progressing beautifully! She wants to thank everyone for all the amazing acts of kindness. She realizes all the nice things people did while she was in the hospital; loving on her children, decorating her house, offering words of encouragement on the blog comments, and getting on their knees in prayer. She said she had know idea now many people cared for her until now. She's continually learning and remembering more about what she's been through, it's quite overwhelming.

She has outgrown the in-house therapy. She will be going to Back to Golf Performance for physical therapy 2 times a week. The therapist there said she's ready to ditch the walker and move onto a cane. Yahoo! She'll be doing physical therapy in the pool, strength exercises, and core work. She is gaining strength, but has a ways to go. She still fatigues quickly. Noe won't be driving for months. For now, T, Noe's mom, is the chauffeur and chef. It is a huge blessing that she can stay and help for so long.

Thank you again for all the prayers. Noe feels so blessed to have you all in her life.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Aloha Noe!
It is was wonderful to read the update on your blog this evening. We are happy that you continue to make progress and look forward to a "re-connect" the next time you visit Hawaii. Our best to you, and your family.
Valerie and Gordon

Anonymous said...

Thanks so much for the update! Keep up the hard work and remember we all enjoy hearing how Noe is doing, and this is a great way to keep us informed.
Jill

Lum Ohana said...

" The LORD is my strength and my shield; my heart trusts in him, and I am helped. My heart leaps for joy and I will give thanks to him in song." Psalm 28:7

Cheryl,
So I was wondering what the latest updates were on Noe? Mahalo plenty for this wonderful update.

Noe,
Glad you're doing fine at home and hope that one day soon we can share a Spam Musubi together.
Malama Pono,
Marvin

lisa said...

Hey Everyone,
It's great to hear that Noe is doing so well. Hope all is well and you are all get some kind of a new/normal routine again.

xo, cousin Lisa

Anonymous said...

Noe, Alex and family-
Hey y'all! So great to hear of Noe's HUGE progresses! We think and pray for you often. Missing all the fun times we had together. Looking forward to your family headed down south for a visit here sometime in the future. Love to all- Roland, Becka, Reese and Gabe Stedman

bill walls said...

Alex, I haven't seen you or Noe since Laura Chan's wedding. I don't know how your family is now, as the posts are a few years back.
I wish you all the love and support that comes to us as you said, "from his holy mountain."