Saturday, November 29, 2008

Friday, November 28, 2008

Afternoon - Noe is under guarded supervision in the Intensive Care Unit. Visitation is very limited at this time. Continue to pray for the family and we will update you as this status changes.

Noe has shown continued improvement. She can now open her eyes and she can focus on you while you are talking. The infectious disease doctor has consulted with the neurologist and states that she is doing well. She has good bilateral movement. Noe is still very tired and has not started eating. She was stating that her head hurt so they have given her some pain medication and she was able to sleep soundly.

She has great long-term memory but still foggy short term memory. Remember the movie 50 First Dates? As she continues to improve, so will her short-term memory.

The attending physician has scheduled a CT scan for tomorrow to assess the swelling in her brain. If necessary, a neurologist will be available for a consult tomorrow.

Alex has been meditating on Psalm 18:1-3 “I love you, O LORD, my strength. The LORD is my rock, my fortress and my deliverer; my God is my rock, in whom I take refuge. He is my shield and the horn of my salvation, my stronghold. I call to the LORD, who is worthy of praise, and I am saved from my enemies.”

Alex has read Jeremiah 29:11-12 to Noe. “For I know the plans I have for you," declares the LORD, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future. Then you will call upon me and come and pray to me, and I will listen to you.”

We all are anxiously awaiting her homecoming. But we are reminded of Philippians 4:6-7 “Do not be anxious about anything, but in everything, by prayer and petition, with thanksgiving, present your requests to God. And the peace of God, which transcends all understanding, will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus.”

* * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * *

No comments: