Sunday, November 30, 2008

Sunday, November 30, 2008 - One more step forward

Alex with Rodlyn and Noe's dad tucking Noe in for the night

Evening - Noe started eating food today, jello and broth. This is the most she's had in 6 days. She also told Rodlyn she wanted to go home!

Please continue to pray for her, Alex, Noah and Luke. The doctors cannot say how long Noe's recovery will take; everyone is different. We have to remember that God is using Noe for a purpose we may not understand, but God has a beautiful plan in store.

"Rejoice always; pray without ceasing; in everything give thanks; for this is God's will for you in Christ Jesus." 2 Thessalonians 5:16-18

1:40 pm - Things are looking better today. The MRI results came back, and the inflammation looks like it's gone down. Her white blood cell count, which until now has been high to combat the bacteria, has gone back to a more normal level. This makes sense with the blood tests from yesterday showing no sign that the bacteria existed. She is much more alert today.

She still has aching in her head, back and neck. They aren't entirely sure why, but are watching to make sure that is lessening with time. She is still on pain medicine for this.

She is recoginizing everyone and her short term memory seems better, too. She is talking in a few brief words, not quite sentences yet.

Noe's sister, Joan, is spending lots of time with the boys. The boys will be going back to school tomorrow, but between Alex, Joan, Rodlyn, grandma and grandpa, the boys are well taken care of.

4 comments:

ScienceWiz said...

I will forward to the rest of Noe's NY family and ohana....Our prayers are with her continuously and we feel that they will be answered....All of us are deeply concerned and are in constant communication....

With Fondest Aloha to you and Team Aloha and
Deepest Love for our Noelani
Aunty 'Io

Anonymous said...

I just read the current update. This is good news. I even prayed for her today in church. I really like the passages in the blog, especially Jeremiah 29:11-12. It really hits home for me and I think it couldn't have come at a better time.

I will continue to pray for Noe and her family. I asked God to let me witness this Christmas miracle and I believe he heard my prayers.

Unknown said...

The prayer chain at Shiloh United Methodist Church has Noe and her family in their prayers. I have been meditating on this verse recently, (Psalm 51?) "Create in me a pure heart, Oh Lord, and renew a steadfast spirit within me. Do not cast me from your presence or take your holy spirit from me. Renew in me the JOY of your salvation, and grant me a willing spirit to sustain me." Noe has one of the purest hearts I know, and her spirit has always been willing. I know God is with her and her family and I pray and know that they will remain steadfast.Much aloha. Tai.

Aunt Mary Ann said...

Prayers from us are with you constantly.

Love you, Aunt Mary Ann and Uncle Carl